Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week of Streak!

As you may have noticed, I disappeared for a week, sorry about that I needed some quality time at the beach with the family.  I didn't want to advertise that we wouldn't be around with posts from the coast.

I really enjoyed running at the beach the fresh air, the sounds, the new scenery, it was beautiful.

Here are the weekly stats for the streak (with photo evidence in most cases).

Saturday:
Drove 400+ miles (took almost 13 hours instead of the 8.5 it was supposed to)
Ran 1.2 just to get it in.
Sunday:
1.69 miles.
Monday:
4.45 miles.  Ran with the wifey at her pace.  It was nice to get out and have some alone time with her jogging along the road parallel to the beach.  Forgot to take a picture of the watch, just wanted to get to the beach.

Tuesday:
1.15 miles.

Wednesday:
1.56 miles

Thursday:
2.03 miles

Friday (last day at the beach):
1.46 miles

Saturday:
Got up at 4:15 am, on the road by 5:30, home by 2:30.
Noah did wonderful on the drive.
1.57miles on the treadmill on tired legs after driving.

Thanks for reading, here is some beachy eye candy to get you ready for your vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment