Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Streaky Day 31.

Streak Day 31,

Legs still tired, still sore.  No one said this would be easy (then again this hasn't been terribly hard either).  I have noticed that even though I am not losing weight right now that my body is reshaping.  I feel like fat is moving around or muscle is replacing it.

I am getting faster and I think the streak has helped because many days I just go out and only push hard to get that mile in.  I am looking forward to taking one or two days off from running once the 4th of July gets here.  I think my knees will thank me.

I still have 10lbs left to go to get to my ultimate weight loss goal.  It's not easy, I am struggling with it some days.  Vacation slapped 3lbs back onto my frame in 7 days, but I am back down almost all of it already.

I need to find some 5k's I need to put all this training to use and get some swag and some finish times to set new goals to beat.

Day 31, still streaking 2.09 miles 16:39.  (I'm no Pre, but I feel so much faster than I was a year ago).


6am sweat equity...it's not pretty...but it works better than a cup of coffee to get you going.  Beautiful morning for a run, not many left like this till probably September, here comes the humidity.


No comments:

Post a Comment