Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Friday, June 15, 2012

10 MONTHS!

Run streak Day 19, set off for my brisk morning run, only to have my watch inform me that the batteries are low!  (Didn't I just charge this 2 days ago...arrrgghh!!).  I set out on my "off day" mile loop around the neighborhood.  Mad it about 2/3rds of the way through the run and the watch died...crud.  Made sure that I ran a little extra so that I could guarantee myself of the mile.   Off day run, dead watch, 1.0 mile.

Our little man is 10 month old this weekend!  I have to say that taking pictures of an infant is great, they just lay there and smile or coo.  Taking pictures of a mobile 10 month old on the other hand is a lesson in patience, timing, luck, and a whole mess of other words I can't say in front of him.

Things started off great, I sat Noah down and he just hung out there waiting for me to take his picture.  After about 3 shutter snaps he had had enough.  It was off to the races, see if I can grab dads camera, chase me over here dad, now over here, oh lets play with this ball, and so on.

Enjoy the disaster that was the 10 month photo shoot.  At least I got a few keepers.  (All kidding aside I actually like the pictures of him rocketing around the room because it's the perfect capture of the child he has become).

One of the few good ones:

Oh Hi dad, my personal jungle gym:


Dad, dad, dad, dad, look at me:


Yep, I can pull to stand:


I am pretty funny huh dad?:


I'm gonna go over here now:


Hey Dad! I'm over here!:


Did you see this ball?:


Can I touch that?:


Cute Crawling shot:


These hands are delicious:


Yep, still as tasty:


Jungle Gym daddy!:


This backdrop looks delicious, just a taste ok?:


(Yes those are my legs keeping him "contained")


No more pictures please:


No comments:

Post a Comment