Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

RW Run Streak Day 9.

Day 9...

Woke up this morning and feeling pretty good compared to the last few days.  No headaches, no sore throat, rarely coughing...things are on the up and up.

Decided to do a controlled pace treadmill run today nothing special (had to run while Noah napped), Christine is at a conference today so it's a daddy and Noah day!

Treadmill run
.25mi warmup, slow jog.
4.0mi Run (34:10)
.25 cooldown, slow jog.

Total distance 4.5 miles.  Feel really good except for a little bit of tightness/soreness in my left knee.  Not sure if it had something to do with my stride or if its an actual injury of some sort.  Made sure to stretch out my legs real well after the run and will continue to stretch out, loosen up as the day goes on.  The leg did feel a bit better in the last half mile or so when I ramped up the speed every 30 seconds or so, so I feel like its probably a tightness issue not an injury issue.

Tomorrow I was originally planning on going for a longer run again, but I may back it off a bit so I can spend some time on the bike tomorrow.

Happy workouts all.

Still STREAKING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment