Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week in Photos.

I have been thinking that to be more consistent in my blogging one of the things that I need to do is have a rotating weekly or bi weekly article that I write or post to keep things more consistent.  So I am giving you the first (hopefully of many) Week in Photos.  Of course some will need captions some are self explanatory.

Thanks for reading!

I turned 33 a few weeks ago and I used some money that I received for my birthday to invest in some new training tools to be used at fitdad HQ.  I was in need of some new shoes so I picked up a pair of my favorite neutral trainers The Brooks Ghost.  (This is model #5).  I also ordered a new helmet for road riding from Cannondale.  Hopefully I only have to experience the helmet for its amazing cooling abilities and never for its ability to protect my overly large melon head.

Reviews of each to follow soon.







I threw down some mulch this week to make the house and yard look pretty.  Remind me next year to cut back to about 4 yards, because 6 was a bit of overkill this year!





One of my best friends, Brian Kelm married his beautiful and sweet fiance this weekend.  I spent the weekend with the wife at the rehearsal, the wedding, and the reception.  It was our first night away from Noah since he was born.  Thank you Trish and Omar for watching Noah for the rehearsal, and Thank you Nana and Grampa for taking good care of our little boy while we were away for the night.








Noah had a monumental week, he has been eating less pureed and more solid foods.  He is crawling around like a wild man, he is pulling himself to stand on furniture.  He started feeding himself his own bottles and he is becoming more and more vocal with sounds that slowly sound more and more like real words.






That's all for the first week in photos!! Have a fit week.

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment