Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!! Without you we wouldn't be here! ;)


This is the first year that I was able to celebrate mother's day with Christine.  I got up with Noah first thing in the morning and got him fed and ready for whenever mommy would wake up.  We waited patiently with our card and our gift.  After some extra rest mommy snuck around the corner and surprised Noah!  He giggled and reached for her immediately.  Mommy opened up her little present while Noah helped by chewing on the paper, you know I think he just softened it up so it was easier for her.



I then dashed off to the kitchen to make mommy's favorite, pancakes with chocolate chips for breakfast.  We enjoyed our time and our coffee as Noah played and crawled around on the floor.  (Yeah I haven't mentioned that, was going to in the 9 month post this week...Noah is in the beginning stages of crawling, and is quite good at the army crawl!).


I have to work today, so I am not going to be able to join them this afternoon when they head over to Christine's parents for dinner.  Working in the healthcare industry (especially late on the weekends) stinks sometimes.  It's days like today where I wish I could just be home with them.



Christine is the rope that ties our family together.  She is my rock, my therapist, my best friend, and my confidant.  She grounds me because sometimes my head gets a little to big.  She is intelligent, beautiful, kind, forgiving, elegant, funny, and she is mine.  We share many of the same ideals when it comes to raising kids, we have many of the same beliefs, dreams and wants.



She is an amazing mother to Noah, and of course I am biased but if you were a fly on the wall you would see it too.  The way she interacts with him, making him laugh and smile.  Even at such a young and tender age she teaches him in ways that only a mother (and also highly skilled OT) could.  The looks he gives her with just a passing glance would melt your heart...he definitely has stolen hers.



She attacks new challenges with aplomb whether it was training for her first half marathon, learning to cook, or making Noah's pureed foods for him.  She goes after something and she masters it.  She is confident and empowered.


It may be cliche to say, but Christine is my cornerstone...my rock...my wife, and I love her more everyday that we spend together.

Happy Mother's Day Christine!
Love,

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment