Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

9 MONTHS!

Tomorrow (5/17) will be 9 months since Noah came into our lives.  The past month has been a whirlwind of baby milestones.  As a first time parent I can honestly say that I thought that Noah would just one day go from laying and rolling around to full fledged crawling.  Call it naivete or whatever it may be but that's just how I thought a baby developed.  Little did I know that playing on the belly became grasping and pulling, kicking and army crawling long before he would ever pop up onto all fours and start that first crawl.

The past few weeks Noah would spend a lot of time in quad rocking back and forth and then laying his belly back down on the floor.  He would then proceed to lay on the floor reach out his arm and try to use "The Force" to draw an object closer.  When that didn't work he would shimmy, shake, pull, grab, and army crawl his way to the object.  Finally grasping hold of it and proceeding to place the item in his baby jaws and chomp down with his two new bottom teeth.  (Did I mention he has some sharp little chompers now)?

Once he had a grasp on the quad position he slowly advanced to putting one arm out in front of him and then rocking till his little leg popped forward.  The beginning of crawling.  He continually worked himself into a sweat on the floor daily until that one movement became two, and then three, then five or six crawling movements.  Then suddenly a day or two ago...Noah just strung together a crawl across the entire living room.  All it takes to get him going now is a little motivation in the form of a desired toy,  mom and dad's toes (he loves pinching our feet) or the baby gate that dad was assembling.

On the eating front Noah is getting to experience all kinds of new foods, textures, and levels of puree.  He loves apples, cantaloupe, watermelon, and carrots.  He is still a little unsure of the fork mashed bananas, but he does like pureed banana.  He is also slowly but surely getting used to his sippy cup...although he prefers to shake it, chew on it, and flip it upside down to play with the little nub of plastic on the bottom of the cup.

It has been an exciting month in our household, he is changing every day almost so fast that I feel bad missing a day to work because when I see him the following day he has a new trick to show me!

Here are the 9 month photos from our session yesterday.  I can tell you that now that Noah is mobile he won't sit still for pictures long...especially once daddy brings out his fancy camera.

Enjoy!
 A little post crop vignetting:
 Love that smirk!:

 Probably one of my favorite pictures of Noah ever:

 Let me see that camera for a second dad :
 I'm outta here!!:

 Enough already dad!!:

No comments:

Post a Comment