Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Monday, May 28, 2012

Thank you, and always remembered.

Today is a special day in this country, sure there are picnics, parties, friends, and food.  What I am really talking about though is Memorial Day, not the party, the memories.  Taking time to pause and thank those who have served.  Taking a minute or two of your day to remember those who have died protecting your freedoms. When you see a soldier today, tomorrow, or any day make sure you thank them.  You don't have do make a scene, you don't have to scream it from the rafters.  You can just pick up the tab when you see them out to breakfast with their families.  You can offer them a smile and a coffee when you see them in an airport decked out in their fatigues.  A simple Hello and thank you can go a long way in healing a troubled soldiers heart.  My brother Andy is now out of the Marine Corp, but he will always be a Marine.  He has seen and experienced things that no human ever should.  He has lost soldiers around him, many of whom were friends.  He doesn't show it, but I know my brother and I know he carries that close to his heart.  He is a stronger and better man than I.  I am profoundly and deeply thankful for everything these brave men and women have done for us.  Past, present, and future soldiers, you have my deepest gratitude and thanks.  This Memorial Day when you hang your flags, don your read white and blue, and fire up your grills, remember to take a minute, bow your head, and thank those who have served.  There is a soldier out there that needs to hear that everything is going to be ok, and that they have your support.

I hope everyone has a Happy, Safe, and FREE Memorial Day.

Two of my favorite prints that I have hung around the house:



No comments:

Post a Comment