Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Adventures in fatherhood.

Overheard by the dustbunnies in the room while dad was bottle feeding Noah before bed...

Me:  He is gagging on the bottle for some reason, I think he is going to throw up.
Christine:  Nah, he's fine he's done that before.
Noah:  Smile, sudden cry...smile.
Noah: gurgle gurgle
Me: (hearing gurgles, brain saying move face move face move face!!)
Noah:  SPPPEEEWWWWWWWWWW
Me: (thinking...ohhhhh no)
Christine:  giggle giggle.
Me: ohhhh it's in my mouth! my nose! my eyes!!!!
Christine:  Hands me a bib laughing to herself.
Me: Can you get me a towel?

Ahh fatherhood...I am sure these stories will just keep getting better...nothing like some digested formula up your nose to make your night.

Sleep well all!

No comments:

Post a Comment