Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finding Time.

Finding time to workout with a newborn in the house is incredibly difficult.  After spending 42 hours a week at work and countless hours awake at night it becomes hard to even find the energy to exercise.  As difficult as it may be I find it important to try to exercise at least 3 days a week.  This not only helps me to maintain my fitness and weight loss goals it also helps me to get out of the house and clear my head.  It is a great way to decompress and destress.  If I am more relaxed I am able to be a better husband, father, and coworker.  For the past few weeks I have only been running on the treadmill because I wanted to be close to home in case Christine had any trouble with Noah.  Today though, we are getting a visit from Nana (my mother in law Lorraine) and Christine told me that I should get out and try to ride my bike for a bit.  I am going to try to squeeze in a ride for 40-60 minutes in nearby South Park today.  I just hope I am not too out of shape for this after 4 weeks of not riding.

Today is a milestone day for Noah as well, he is 1 month old at 4:49pm this afternoon.  We will be spending the afternoon doing his 1 month photo shoot after I get back from my ride.  I will make sure to post the photos soon.

Happy 1 month Birthday Noah!

Here is a daily dose of cute for you:






No comments:

Post a Comment