Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 Months!!

Our beautiful baby boy is 5 months old, my how the time just FLIES by!!  During the first few months of our time here with Noah the time just seemed to go on forever.  (I don't mean that in a negative way either)...We just spent so much time awake at all hours of the day that I never thought the rest of the time would fly like this.

Noah is still growing nicely, he is approaching 19lbs and is already starting to fit into some 9 month outfits!  He is rolling whenever we put him on his stomach.  He can sit independently for a few seconds before you need to catch him and reset him.  He loves his toys, especially his interactive books with buttons and lights.  His method of using them is to make his excited face and smash the books with his hands until they make noise and light up.  BAM BAM BAM!

Our little man laughs so much now!! There is nothing like coming home after a rough day to his smiling happy face.  I love waking up in the morning taking my shower only to come out and find him sucking down a bottle in mommies lap.  I usually make a comment to him, only to have him turn and smile at me...bottle still in mouth.  But, I take second fiddle to mommy when she comes into a room.  When he hears her voice he just lights up, usually turning 180 degrees from whatever he is doing to catch her eye.

Noah has tried a few single grain cereals as well...he does not like rice cereal, but he loves oatmeal and wheat. He love to "help" you with the spoon.  By help I mean grab the spoon in his super baby grip and then smear the cereal on his face or hands.  In a month or so with the ok from the pediatrician we will graduate to fruits and veggies.  Until then formula and cereal keep our boy nourished and plump!

Of course no monthly Noah update would be complete without an assortment of cute photos.  So without further adieu here is your monthly dose of cute (I'm biased...all babies are adorable:)








No comments:

Post a Comment