Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Monday, October 3, 2011

Lil' tubby.

I apologize for no new blogs in the last 7 days, I had a rather hectic week. I had to cram all my work into sun-thurs this past week because I was going away for the weekend.  Before Noah was born Christine agreed to let me go to a friends wedding in Laketown NJ.  I kissed the wife and the boy goodbye on Friday morning and left for the airport.  We had a really great time but I couldn't help but think weddings aren't the same without my wife to dance with.  I made friends with a bottle of Johnny Walker instead and ate WAYYYY too much food.  I also missed Noah a great deal, but a big thank you goes out to my mother in law Lorraine because she came over and took some of the night feeding shifts so that Christine didn't have to do them all.

One nice thing though about traveling without the baby was that I was able to get a few good nights sleep.  I also had free use of the hotel gym while I was there and no babies to watch in my free time so I was able to sneak in a good run.  I ran a 5k on the treadmill we will call it the Hilton Garden Inn NJ 5K, official time:  25:38.  I have to give the Hilton Garden Inn some credit as well, those air baffled beds they have are outstanding, I think I need one for home!

The wedding itself was a block from the beach in a quaint little chapel, so I couldn't help myself and had to walk down and take some pictures of the shore.  Shame I only had my cell phone camera!  The reception was at a Yacht Club, they did not have the requisite cookie table (but it wasn't a Pittsburgh Wedding).  They did have more appetizers than any wedding I have been to though.  They had a pasta station with penne ala vodka, an asian stir fry station with shrimp stir fry and chopsticks, and a table with stuffed rigatoni, cheese, fruit, calamari, pork treats, chicken treats, and crackers.  They also had butlered appetizers, we stopped counting after we tried the twelfth different one!  Needless to say I skipped my weight watchers weigh in on Sunday, and will resume them next week.  Did I mention there was a top shelf full bar too?  It was an amazing celebration, I just wish Christine could have been there with me!  We are going to a wedding again in the fall for one of my coworkers, I have already promised her I will be the DD and take care of Noah that night when we get home.





Speaking of Noah, he is doing quite well also.  We weighed him on Sunday for his weekly weight check and he was over 10lbs.  Our little boy is getting tubby ;)  but only in a cute chubby baby way.  I would never be concerned about a happy plump baby!!


I made sure to take the first two feedings on Sunday night/ Monday morning as well.  Wanted to make sure that I repaid Christine for the time away that she granted me.  I will have to make sure she gets some spa time and or some alone time in the very near future.

Finally going to be able to get out on the bike tomorrow as well.  Mark and I plan on going for a ride in the morning, I will update you with our stats afterward.

Have a great few days all.  I am going to try to update the blog at least twice a week going forward so that there is a pattern of uniformity.

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment