Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10.12.2011 Post 1 of 2.

Today is fitdadorfatdad 2 for one special.  You get two posts because I developed 300 plus pictures yesterday from my camera and decided to make 2 posts out of them.

I promised a while back that I would load up the pictures from Noah's 1 month birthday and they will be in this post as well as pictures from his first month.  We can call this the first month recap.  You already have the birth story and the requisite pictures.  So here is a quick recap of his first month.

We spent alot of time in our bouncy seat because its so plush and comfortable.  We didn't nap much there but we could sit and stare at the light for hours in this thing.

We wore many different outfits, but daddy's favorite was the hoodie with ears, because who wouldn't want to wear a hoodie with ears?


We took many naps! Some were long, some were short.

We got all dressed up for our first Steeler game, only to sleep through the whole thing.


We took our first real bath.  We HATED the sponge baths, but we loved our little tub!  (I also think he kinda looks like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes in the top picture).  I love picture of him looking at the camera in his little robe...so precious.


We took some more naps, because you can't sleep enough when you are a growing little boy.  That's my little monkey!

 I will ROCK YOUR FACE!
 I refuse to HOLD STILL FOR MY PICTURES!
How about I pause in this position and stare away from the goofy guy with the camera.

Photographing babies when they are in their jiggly all over the place 1st month of life isn't always easy, I find it easiest when they are asleep.  Thankfully that is often.  You can dress them up in their fun little outfits all you want, but you end up always putting them in a 1 piece sleeper, swaddled in a swaddler or blanket, or in a onesie.  Why you may ask?  Because they spit up, the pee through diapers, and find a way to dirty all their nice clothes the second you put them on them.  All the pictures here were taken without a flash, using natural light in the living room.  In the more posed pictures (the 1 monthers) I used an old navy blue comforter draped over the couch as a backdrop.  I shot all of them using my Tamron 17-50mm lens or my Canon 50mm(Prime).  I used an ISO of 1600, an F1.8 (canon) or F2.8 (tamron), and kept the camera in aperture priority mode.  The images were only edited for color and to adjust exposure if it was off for any reason.

I hope you enjoyed this brief one month recap!

-Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment