Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10.12.2011 Post 2 or 2

Today is 2 for 1 day here at fitdadorfatdad.  If you missed the first post of the day you can find it here.  Today is mainly just a picture day because I don't have much diet or workout items to cover.  I did manage to lose the 3 lbs I gained in NJ at Travis' wedding 2 weeks ago.

I did my first brick workout since college, and I set up my bike on the Kurt Kinetic Bike trainer for some foul weather mileage the other day.  The KK is smmoootth as butter, if you are looking for an indoor trainer to get you ready for springtime there is none better.  I would have loved to have splurged for the Rock And Roller, but I found a sweet deal on a used Kurt Road Machine online for the price I would have payed for a brand new trainer from another less capable company. (I will have to write a review here soon for anyone interested).

This weekend is a guys weekend in for Noah and I.  Christine will be around but she is spending some much needed time relaxing, getting her nails done, and her hair done.  Daddy volunteered to take the little man as much as possible this weekend so that Mommy could get a break.  Of course she misses him all day when she is gone so the second she walks in the door daddy time is over.  The bond between mom and baby is just amazing to witness.  Not that I am not connected to him as well, but mom's have a special bond with their children....something about a womb...9 months...and birth.


Monday was a fun day for Noah and I, well at least me...he is indifferent.  We were tasked with taking the photos for Noah's Halloween card.  Mommy made sure to provide dad with the costume, the fall skeleton sweatshirt/pants combo, and the holiday outfit.  My job was to try to get him to smile enough in pictures to use them for a card.  Can I tell you that a 2 month old baby will smile pretty regularly especially when they see mommy or daddy.  We can make Noah smile all morning long.  But the second I pick up a camera he becomes a turtle in his shell.  It was NEARLY impossible to get him to smile at the same time that I had the camera up in front of my face.  I really think I need to invest in an infrared or wired remote to control the shutter.  Noah was a good sport the whole time as long as his belly was full and his diaper was clean.  Here are a few of the pictures that I took.  The rest can be found on my flickr page at www.flickr.com/robringer




 (Probably my favorite picture of him that I have ever taken, his face is priceless.)


 That's my happy boy coo'ing away.
A wee bit of a smile from Mummy's Lil' Monster.

Happy Halloween a bit early from Noah and the O's.  Thanks for reading!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment