Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lake House and Playground

Noah and I did a little weekend guys get a way to my parents house on the lake last weekend.  Noah spent plenty of time chasing their dogs and Dem and Papa around.  He had a world of new things to explore at their home.  We spent some time on the lake on my aunt and uncle's boat and Noah waved at the water and loved the boat cruising along on the lake.  It was a nice quick weekend away from home spending quality time with my parents.

We also have discovered that Noah loves to climb on the playground in the park and loves to go for rides on the swings!  There is an amazing playground near our home that looks like a castle with secret passages, tunnels, slides and swings of all kinds.  Noah is fascinated with ever acorn, leaf, rock, bug, and kid that he discovers climbing around on the playground.  It's also a wonderful experience for us because he gets so tired that he usually crashes for an extra long nap when we get home.

Usually mom and dad could use a nap as well after chasing him around for an hour or two!

















No comments:

Post a Comment