Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm a slacker.

I'm a slacker... well not in the physical sense.  Workout wise I have been having some great ones, but not showing any weight loss to go along with it (frown).  I need to lose 10 more pounds, 10 more stingy, not going anywhere anytime soon pounds.  But my blogging has been put on the back burner due to an increasingly busy work schedule and just as busy schedule at home.

I have been religiously biking (mostly on an indoor trainer), running both indoors and out, eating...ok not that well.  I need to add some sort of resistance training aside from push ups and sit ups to my regimen though.  I am considering a TRX suspension trainer so that I can work out from home.

Here is a highlight from one of my most recent runs along with some scenery.  Probably one of THE BEST runs I have had in a long time it felt amazing and the watch agreed with that statement.



On the homefront we have been increasingly busy with Noah.  He has taken quite well to this whole "walking" thing.  It is now his primary mode of transportation, he still remains ever cautious, plopping to his diaper padded bum when he feels unsteady.  His personality in the last few months has just grown ever more silly and enjoyable.  He has become quite the ham, he imitates funny faces, makes funny sounds, and generally finds himself, mom, and dad to be hilarious.

He is an absolute joy, and also a holy terror as he seems to be able to find his way into every bit of trouble he can when he is motoring around the living room.

Here are some rather adorable pictures I took the other day while we were trying out a Halloween costume with him.  Enjoy, more blogging to come soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment