Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fitdad-MSBR Triathlon.

Fitdad-MSBR Triathlon.

No it's not what you think, there was no real race...there were no yellow jersey's, no finisher medals.  Today I spent my morning catching up with some friends from Texas.  I met up with Susan (of Momswimbikrun fame) and her husband George for a bike ride through the undulating hills of Mars/Valencia/Pine area.

We started at Pine Richland Highschool and rode one of George's favorite training routes around the area.  It was a hot but beautiful morning for a ride.  There were a great deal of other riders out on the roads as well.  It was nice to be in an area where road cycling is respected.  Cars gave us the (legally required) 4ft berth when passing us, no one honked, and we were able to focus on our ride.

I had a great time riding with them (13.8 miles..right Susan?) followed by 1.0 miles on the track at the high school to complete my run for the streak.

Afterwards we headed over to First watch in Cranberry for breakfast.  Christine and Noah drove up to meet us as well because the Tirch's have never met Noah.  Breakfast conversation was a nice way to catch up and share some fun stories about their time in Texas, I should have taken some pictures. (Facepalm).

So there you have it, the Fitdad-MSBR Triathlon (Bike, Run, EAT!!).

(As an aside note, I was unable to post my Saturday run online because we were at a wedding yesterday and I never had time.  Saturday's run was 3.8 miles on the treadmill).

Time to go watch the DVR of the Tour from this morning. (Stage one Liege to Seraing).

GO CANNONDALE LIQUIGAS!!

Also rooting for the rookie American on BMC Tejay Van Garderen


No comments:

Post a Comment