Follow along through the challenges of fatherhood and fitness

Follow me as I grow as a father, continue to improve my fitness, and hopefully continue losing weight towards my goal of 60lbs (10lbs to go! 8.25.12).

I never set out to be overweight but I love beer, wine, scotch, and all sorts of terrible food. I didn't choose to get out of shape it just sort of happened. All that changed when I found out my wife was pregnant in December 2010. I decided it was time to set myself up to be a fitdad not a fatdad.

No one ever said it would be easy though. Dealing with a newborn and trying to continue exercising as well as being there for my wife as her husband and friend. As our son gets older and our family grows what impact will that have on my fitness and diet? Stay tuned to find out! Subscribe via email, or add me to your reader. Please make sure to share on twitter, facebook, or follow along by adding your email to my list.

Do you have a diet or exercise product you would like reviewed in the blog, please contact me at fitdadorfatdad@gmail.com

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads who are there for their kids.  The guys who stuck around and did their duty to their children.

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.  But when I got to twenty one, I was astonished how much he had learned in seven years!" -Mark Twain

"I don't care how poor a man is, if he has a family he is RICH." -Colonel Potter (M*A*S*H)

My dad taught me everything I need to know about hard work, living well, and being a quality human being.  He lead by example and at times growing up we most definitely butted heads.  As I matured and grew up though I began to realize how much he truly influenced my life.

I see a similar quote to this online a fair amount but it rings true here... I just can't believe it some days when I open my mouth and my father comes out!

Happy Fathers Day Dad, wish I could be at the lake fishing with you today instead of working a 12 hour shift.










No comments:

Post a Comment